|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 7.1||E Andujar 2.5|
|Loyola (MD)||D Cormier 16.6||A Winbush 6.3||R Williams 3.9|
Loyola (MD) matches up against Manhattan in the quarterfinals of the MAAC Tournament at MassMutal Center on Saturday. The game gets underway at 9:30 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN3.com. The Greyhounds defeated the Jaspers 63-61 on Mar. 3 and are 9-2 against them over the past four years.
In a 63-61 triumph over Manhattan on Mar. 3, Erik Etherly put up 30 points for the Greyhounds. While contributing 6.3 rebounds per game, he also scores 16.2 points per game. For the Jaspers, Donovan Kates finished with 11 points and eight rebounds in the 63-61 loss to Loyola (MD) on Mar. 3. He is averaging 6.8 points and 3.0 rebounds per game.
Loyola (MD) has an advantage in a single key statistical area, scoring, where the Greyhounds have an edge over the Jaspers, 67.4 points per game to 58.4 points per game. Manhattan ranks first in their conference in free throw rate at 44.5, which also places them 15th in the country.
- The Loyola scoring leader (Dylon Cormier, 498 points) has more points than the Manhattan scoring leader (Rhamel Brown, 339 points).
- Loyola has an average margin of victory of 9 over Manhattan in 23 wins since 1989.
- The Loyola basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Manhattan (100 percent vs. 73 percent).
- Loyola has a potent offense, scoring more points (67.4 per game vs. 58.4 per game) than Manhattan this season.
- Loyola has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Manhattan according to Kiplinger (81.4 percent vs. 61.4 percent).
- Loyola has more wins over the last 5 years than Manhattan (104 vs. 78).
- Robert Olson is ranked 5th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- A for effort, but Loyola has emerged victorious against Manhattan the last six times they've played.
- Loyola is better at defending the three (30.5 percent allowed vs. 35.6 percent allowed) than Manhattan this season.
- Loyola has a better conference record than Manhattan this season (12-6 vs. 9-9).
- Loyola is ranked higher than Manhattan in the MAAC (No. 2 vs. No. 6).
|D-||M. Jackson Jr.||9||1||1||0||0||0||1|