Ark-Little Rock vs. FL Internationial: Full Game Preview
|Ark-Little Rock||W Neighbour 10.8||W Neighbour 6.9||J Hagins 3.1|
|FL Internationial||T Murphy 15.1||T Murphy 6.9||D Hill 3.0|
Florida International squares off against Arkansas-Little Rock in the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt Tournament at Convention Center Court - Hot Springs, AR on Saturday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on Sun Belt Network. The Golden Panthers beat the Trojans 65-52 on Feb. 21 and are 2-4 against them over the last four years.
In their last game on Mar. 2, Malik Smith put up 18 points for the Golden Panthers in a loss to Florida Atlantic, 77-60. He is putting up 13.7 points per game while also averaging 2.7 rebounds per game. For the Trojans, John Gillon finished with 24 points and five rebounds in the 78-71 win over Arkansas State on Mar. 2. He contributes 2.5 assists per game in addition to his 10.4 points per game.
Arkansas-Little Rock StatSmack
- Since 1998, Florida International has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Arkansas-Little Rock (one vs. zero).
- The Florida International steals leader (Deric Hill, 64 steals) has more steals than the Arkansas-Little Rock steals leader (Leroy Isler, 42 steals).
- Deric Hill is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in assists and 25th nationally in steals.
- Florida International has an average margin of victory of 8 over Arkansas-Little Rock in nine wins since 1998.
- Malik Smith is ranked 10th in the Sun Belt in points and 33rd nationally in three-pointers.
- Florida International players are more experienced than Arkansas-Little Rock players (9,008 minutes played vs. 8,714 minutes played).
- Tymell Murphy is ranked 5th in the Sun Belt in points, 6th in the Sun Belt in rebounds, 4th in the Sun Belt in steals, and 10th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- Florida International has a better record in close games than Arkansas-Little Rock this season (8-3 vs. 4-4).
- Even computers respect Florida International more. Florida International has a better RPI this season than Arkansas-Little Rock (RPI: No. 140 vs. No. 159).
- The Florida International scoring leader (Tymell Murphy, 438 points) has more points than the Arkansas-Little Rock scoring leader (Will Neighbour, 335 points).
|D+||M. Porcher Jimenez||14||6||2||1||0||0||1|
|D||Joey De La Rosa||8||2||1||0||0||0||0|