Marquette vs. St John's: Full Game Preview
|Marquette||V Blue 14.3||D Gardner 4.8||J Cadougan 4.2|
|St John's||D Harrison 17.8||J Sampson 6.6||S Pointer 2.7|
On Saturday, No. 15 Marquette meets St. John's. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Golden Eagles are 5-1 against the Red Storm over the last four years. The last time they met (Jan. 11, 2012) they won 83-64.
St. John's is in 10th place in the Big East and Marquette is in first place.
In a 60-54 triumph over Rutgers on Mar. 5, Vander Blue put up 22 points for the Golden Eagles. He leads the team in scoring average, scoring 14.3 points per contest. For the Red Storm, Sir`Dominic Pointer finished with seven points and 12 rebounds in the 66-40 loss to Notre Dame on Mar. 5. He is averaging 6.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.7 assists per game. A key area of strength for St. John's is turnover percentage at 16.4, which ranks first in their conference (and 13th nationally).
St. John's StatSmack
- Be afraid. Marquette has blown out more teams than St. John's this season (six blowouts vs. one).
- Marquette players are more experienced than St. John's players (17,768 minutes played vs. 9,764 minutes played).
- Marquette has a better conference record than St. John's this season (13-4 vs. 8-9).
- Marquette has a better record at home than St. John's this season (16-0 vs. 11-4).
- Over the past 10 years, Marquette has had more players drafted by the NBA than St. John's (seven vs. one).
- Marquette has more wins over the last 5 years than St. John's (143 vs. 94).
- Even computers respect Marquette more. Marquette has a better RPI this season than St. John's (RPI: No. 11 vs. No. 67).
- Marquette has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (67.8 percent to 45.2 percent).
- Marquette has been the favorite 10 out of the last 10 times.
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|
|C+||Phil Greene IV||33||9||3||3||1||0||1|