Vanderbilt vs. Florida: Full Game Preview
|Vanderbilt||K Johnson 13.6||K Bright 5.6||K Johnson 3.7|
|Florida||M Rosario 12.9||P Young 6.4||S Wilbekin 5.3|
No. 11 Florida hosts Vanderbilt at O'Connell Center on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 8 p.m. EST and it can be seen on SEC Network. The Gators are 6-3 against the Commodores over the last four years. They fell 77-67 on Feb. 28, 2012, the last time they met.
Florida is in first place in the conference, Vanderbilt is in 10th place.
In their last outing, behind 15 points and eight rebounds from Erik Murphy, the Gators defeated Alabama 64-52 on Mar. 2. In addition to his 12.4 points per game, he is also chipping in 5.0 rebounds per game. For the Commodores, Kedren Johnson put up 16 points and five rebounds in the 62-55 win over Auburn on Mar. 2. He puts up a team-leading 13.6 points per game, 3.7 assists per game, and 1.1 steals per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Florida can exploit Vanderbilt, scoring, where the Gators have an edge over the Commodores, 72.8 points per game to 60.2 points per game.
- Florida has come back to win after being down at half against Vanderbilt four times since 2002.
- Florida has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Vanderbilt ($14,684 vs. $52,659).
- The Florida rebounding leader (Patric Young, 179 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Vanderbilt rebounding leader (Kevin Bright, 157 rebounds).
- Since 1998, Florida has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Vanderbilt (23 vs. two).
- Diaper Dandies love Florida. Florida has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Vanderbilt (16 vs. 1).
- Florida players are more experienced than Vanderbilt players (17,326 minutes played vs. 8,402 minutes played).
- The Florida steals leader (Scottie Wilbekin, 41 steals) has more steals than the Vanderbilt steals leader (Kedren Johnson, 31 steals).
- Florida has a better conference record than Vanderbilt this season (13-3 vs. 7-9).
- Kenny Boynton is ranked 5th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Florida more. Florida has a better RPI this season than Vanderbilt (RPI: No. 7 vs. No. 129).
|C+||M. Frazier II||18||6||3||1||1||0||1|