|Campbell||D White 21.8||D White 7.2||T Freeman 5.8|
|Gardner-Webb||T Newsome 14.0||K Hartley 6.4||T Strange 4.1|
Campbell squares off against Gardner-Webb in the quarterfinals of the Big South Tournament at HTC Center on Thursday. Tipoff occurs at 6 p.m. EST. The Fighting Camels beat the Bulldogs 93-81 on Jan. 5 and are 2-1 against them over the last four years.
In an 81-73 win over Presbyterian on Mar. 5, Trey Freeman put up 22 points and five assists for the Fighting Camels. He is averaging 14.4 points per game while also contributing a team-high 5.8 assists per game. For the Bulldogs, Donta Harper put up 21 points in the 76-57 blowout of Presbyterian on Mar. 2. He averages 12.9 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.9 blocks per game. When considering the Four Factors, Gardner-Webb performs well in offensive rebounding percentage at 36.2. This ranks second in the conference and 46th in the country.
- Campbell has an average margin of victory of 9 over Gardner-Webb in six wins since 2002.
- Boom! Campbell crushed Gardner-Webb by 12 points the last time they played (Jan 05, 2013).
- Marvelle Harris is ranked 8th in the Big South in rebounds and 6th in the Big South in blocks.
- The Campbell scoring leader (Trey Freeman, 460 points) has more points than the Gardner-Webb scoring leader (Donta Harper, 399 points).
- Campbell players are more experienced than Gardner-Webb players (11,762 minutes played vs. 11,694 minutes played).
- Campbell is better under pressure, and has defeated Gardner-Webb in three out of the last five games decided by five points or fewer.
- Campbell has a better overall winning percentage over the last five years (48.4 percent to 41.6 percent).
- The Campbell rebounding leader (Marvelle Harris, 198 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Gardner-Webb rebounding leader (Kevin Hartley, 197 rebounds).
- Trey Freeman is ranked 7th in the Big South in points and 14th nationally in assists.
- The Campbell assist leader (Trey Freeman, 185 assists) has more assists than the Gardner-Webb assist leader (Tyler Strange, 128 assists).
- Campbell has more wins over the last 5 years than Gardner-Webb (85 vs. 80).