(10-20, 2-10 away)
(9) Kansas State 79
(25-5, 18-1 home)
Venue: Bramlage Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||K Anderson 29
||A McKinney 10
||K Anderson 4
||A Rodriguez 21
||J Henriquez 5
||A Rodriguez 10
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, TCU took on No. 9 Kansas State and lost at home against the Wildcats 79-68 in conference play. With the loss, the Horned Frogs drop to 1-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Horned Frogs got a game-high 29 points from Kyan Anderson, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Devonta Abron also had a strong game, scoring 10 points and adding eight rebounds. Angel Rodriguez recorded achieved a double-double for the Wildcats on a team-high 21 points and 10 assists. He made 5 of 10 from three-point range. The Horned Frogs are on an eight-game losing streak. TCU (10-20, 1-16 Big 12) gets Oklahoma (19-9, 10-6 Big 12) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 9.
TCU Game Notes
- The last time TCU started the season 10-20 was 2010.
- TCU beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Horned Frogs have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, TCU played 22 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 3-19.
- TCU has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 28 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 54.4 percent or better this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 41.4 percent or better this season, TCU has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- The Horned Frogs set a season high for three-pointers (six).
- TCU has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past eight games.
- Kyan Anderson recorded a team season high in three-pointers with five.
- Kyan Anderson accounted for 42.6 percent of the team's points.
- Adrick McKinney accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kyan Anderson has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 30 games this season.
- Adrick McKinney has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Kyan Anderson's career.
- Kyan Anderson has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Kyan Anderson had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Adrick McKinney recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devonta Abron has four straight double-digit point games.
Kansas State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Angel Rodriguez and Shane Southwell) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- Angel Rodriguez has led the team in scoring seven times in 30 games this season.
- Jordan Henriquez has led the team in rebounding eight times in 30 games this season.
- Rodney McGruder has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Rodney McGruder set a career high with five assists.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Angel Rodriguez's career.
- Angel Rodriguez has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Angel Rodriguez recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Angel Rodriguez set career highs with eight field goals made, five three-pointers, and 10 assists.
- Martavious Irving set career highs with three three-pointers and five assists.
|B||C. Hill Jr.||33||8||5||2||3||0||2|
|C||N. Butler Lind||33||4||2||2||1||1||3|