Colorado State vs. Wyoming: Full Game Preview
|Colorado State||C Iverson 14.0||C Iverson 9.8||D Green 4.1|
|Wyoming||L Martinez 14.5||L Washington 9.0||R Grabau 2.6|
On Wednesday, Wyoming welcomes Colorado State at Arena-Auditorium. It gets started at 10 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ROOT-RM. The Cowboys lost to the Rams 65-46 on Feb. 2 and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Wyoming is seventh in the conference and Colorado State is second. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Cowboys fell 53-42 to New Mexico on Mar. 2. Riley Grabau finished with 14 points and five rebounds in the loss. He is averaging 5.9 points per game while also contributing a team-high 2.6 assists per game. The Rams were defeated by Boise State 78-65 on Mar. 2 despite 17 points and nine rebounds from Greg Smith. He contributes 5.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.3 points per game.
In reviewing statistical differences between the teams, Colorado State appears to have an edge in two significant areas. The Rams have an advantage over the Cowboys in rebounding, with an average of 41.1 per game to 29.1 per game. Colorado State also has an advantage in scoring, 73.3 points per game to 60.4 points per game. Colorado State will attempt to capitalize on their strengths, which include defensive rebounding percentage at 76.0, offensive rebounding percentage at 41.4, and turnover percentage at 16.8.
Colorado State StatSmack
- The Wyoming three-point leader (Derrious Gilmore, 63 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Colorado State three-point leader (Wes Eikmeier, 48 three-pointers).
- The Wyoming steals leader (Leonard Washington, 37 steals) has more steals than the Colorado State steals leader (Pierce Hornung, 34 steals).
- Larry Nance Jr is ranked 8th in the Mountain West in rebounds and 9th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Leonard Washington is ranked 3rd in the Mountain West in rebounds, 6th in the Mountain West in steals, and 1st in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Wyoming has a better scoring defense (56.9 allowed per game vs. 62.7 allowed per game) than Colorado State this season.
- Wyoming has come back to win after being down at half against Colorado State six times since 1997.
- The Wyoming blocks leader (Leonard Washington, 53 blocks) has more blocks than the Colorado State blocks leader (Colton Iverson, 21 blocks).
- Wyoming is better under pressure, and has defeated Colorado State in 11 out of the last 19 games decided by five points or fewer.
- Wyoming has an average margin of victory of 8 over Colorado State in 40 wins since 1980.
- Derrious Gilmore is ranked 4th in the Mountain West in three-pointers, 10th in the Mountain West in assists, and 8th in the Mountain West in steals.
- Wyoming has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (55.3 percent to 54.2 percent).
|D+||Joe De Ciman||5||1||0||0||0||0||0|
|B||Larry Nance Jr||31||9||7||1||1||1||2|
|C-||Derek Cooke Jr||12||3||4||0||0||0||1|