|Troy||E Jones 11.3||R Chambers 5.7||H Williams 3.2|
|Florida Atlantic||G Gantt 21.2||J McCoy 6.4||S Moody 2.3|
Florida Atlantic meets Troy in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament at Summit Arena on Friday. The game tips off at 9:30 p.m. EST and it can be seen on Sun Belt Network. The Owls defeated the Trojans 80-59 on Jan. 17 and are 6-4 against them over the past four years.
The 28 points and seven rebounds by Stefan Moody helped the Owls to a 77-60 victory over Florida International on Mar. 2. On top of a team-high 2.3 assists per game, he also scores 15.2 points per game. The Trojans were defeated by South Alabama 53-49 on Mar. 2 despite 22 points and eight rebounds from Emil Jones. He puts up a team-leading 11.3 points per game, 1.7 steals per game, and 0.6 blocks per game. Troy ranks first in their conference in turnover percentage at 16.8, which also places them 19th in the country.
- Florida Atlantic has an average margin of victory of 8 over Troy in 12 wins since 1997.
- Florida Atlantic is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Florida Atlantic is 206 lbs compared to 198 lbs for Troy.
- Florida Atlantic players are more experienced than Troy players (12,446 minutes played vs. 8,978 minutes played).
- The Florida Atlantic scoring leader (Greg Gantt, 658 points) has more points than the Troy scoring leader (Emil Jones, 349 points).
- Florida Atlantic has a better conference record than Troy this season (9-11 vs. 6-14).
- The Florida Atlantic rebounding leader (Jordan McCoy, 191 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Troy rebounding leader (Ray Chambers, 177 rebounds).
- Stefan Moody is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in points and 9th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.
- Jordan McCoy is ranked 9th in the Sun Belt in rebounds.
- Florida Atlantic has come back to win after being down at half against Troy three times since 2001.
- Florida Atlantic has a better record at home than Troy this season (11-4 vs. 8-7).
- Florida Atlantic is better under pressure, and has defeated Troy in six out of the last 11 games decided by five points or fewer.