Air Force vs. San Diego State: Full Game Preview
|Air Force||M Lyons 18.1||M Lyons 4.1||T Fletcher 3.9|
|San Diego State||J Franklin 17.3||J Franklin 9.0||J Franklin 3.2|
On Wednesday, Air Force visits Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl to take on San Diego State. It gets started at 11:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Time Warner SN. The Falcons defeated the Aztecs 70-67 on Feb. 2 and are 2-7 against them over the past four years.
Air Force is in sixth place in the Mountain West and would love to gain ground on San Diego State, who sit in fourth place.
The Falcons fell 56-41 to Fresno State on Mar. 2. Mike Fitzgerald finished with 11 points in the loss. He is putting up 10.0 points per game while also averaging 4.0 rebounds per game. For the Aztecs, Jamaal Franklin finished with 16 points and nine rebounds in the 70-60 loss to New Mexico on Feb. 27. He puts up a team-leading 17.3 points per game, 9.0 rebounds per game, and 3.2 assists per game.
San Diego State has an edge in a single key statistical category, rebounding, where the Aztecs have the upper hand over the Falcons, 36.9 per game to 30.2 per game.
San Diego State StatSmack
- The Air Force scoring leader (Michael Lyons, 490 points) has more points than the San Diego State scoring leader (Jamaal Franklin, 451 points).
- Todd Fletcher is ranked 10th in the Mountain West in three-pointers and 5th in the Mountain West in assists.
- The Air Force assist leader (Todd Fletcher, 104 assists) has more assists than the San Diego State assist leader (Jamaal Franklin, 84 assists).
- Michael Lyons is ranked 1st in the Mountain West in points and 9th in the Mountain West in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Air Force currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (947 to 935) than San Diego State, per the NCAA.
- The Air Force basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than San Diego State (91 percent vs. 58 percent).
- Air Force is a better three-point shooting team (37.5 percent vs. 33.4 percent) than San Diego State this season.
- Taylor Broekhuis is ranked 6th in the Mountain West in blocks.
- Air Force is better under pressure, and has defeated San Diego State in six out of the last 10 games decided by five points or fewer.
|D+||Dwayne Polee II||10||3||2||0||0||0||1|