Tennessee-Martin vs. Morehead State: Full Game Preview
|Tennessee-Martin||M Taylor 16.2||M Taylor 7.2||M Liabo 2.2|
|Morehead State||M Chavis 11.0||C Posthumus 6.8||D Atkinson 5.1|
Morehead State takes on Tennessee-Martin in the first round of the Ohio Valley Tournament at Municipal Auditorium on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on OVC Digital Network. The Eagles beat the Skyhawks 88-74 on Jan. 19 and are 8-1 against them over the last four years.
In their last outing, despite 11 points and six rebounds from Angelo Warner, the Eagles fell to Tennessee Tech 72-66 on Mar. 2. He is averaging 10.8 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.6 per game. For the Skyhawks, Justin Childs finished with 20 points and seven rebounds in the 91-58 loss to Austin Peay on Mar. 2. He is averaging 8.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 steals per game.
- Morehead State has an average margin of victory of 9 over Tennessee-Martin in 30 wins since 1991.
- Morehead State has more wins over the last 5 years than Tennessee-Martin (116 vs. 68).
- Morehead State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (59.4 percent to 33.1 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tennessee-Martin (two vs. one).
- Morehead State allows fewer rebounds (31.3 allowed per game vs. 36.1 allowed per game) than Tennessee-Martin this season.
- Morehead State has a better conference record than Tennessee-Martin this season (8-8 vs. 5-11).
- Boom! Morehead State crushed Tennessee-Martin by 14 points the last time they played (Jan 19, 2013).
- Chad Posthumus is ranked 6th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds and 9th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- Morehead State has come back to win after being down at half against Tennessee-Martin seven times since 2000.
- It's only wins and losses, but Morehead State has a better overall record than Tennessee-Martin this season (14-17 vs. 9-20).