|Drexel||D Lee 17.4||D McCoy 8.5||F Massenat 4.2|
|George Mason||S Wright 16.5||E Copes 6.0||B Allen 3.6|
Drexel battles George Mason in the quarterfinals of the CAA Tournament at Richmond Coliseum on Saturday. It gets started at 3:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-MA, NE, TCN, CAA. The Dragons fell to the Patriots 68-62 on Feb. 14 and are 3-4 against them over the last four years.
In a 62-46 triumph over North Carolina-Wilmington on Mar. 2, Daryl McCoy put up 13 points and 17 rebounds for the Dragons. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 8.5 while also putting up 4.5 points per game. For the Patriots, Vertail Vaughns finished with 16 points and six rebounds in the 82-77 loss to Delaware on Mar. 2. He is averaging 4.9 points and 1.0 rebounds per game.
George Mason StatSmack
- The Drexel assist leader (Frantz Massenat, 127 assists) has more assists than the George Mason assist leader (Bryon Allen, 109 assists).
- Damion Lee is ranked 9th in the CAA in points and 4th in the CAA in three-pointers.
- Daryl McCoy is ranked 5th in the CAA in rebounds.
- The Drexel basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than George Mason (100 percent vs. 67 percent).
- Drexel has an average margin of victory of 13 over George Mason in eight wins since 1999.
- Dartaye Ruffin is ranked 10th in the CAA in rebounds.
- The Drexel rebounding leader (Daryl McCoy, 237 rebounds) has more rebounds than the George Mason rebounding leader (Erik Copes, 155 rebounds).
- Drexel has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (60.9 percent to 57.9 percent).
- Frantz Massenat is ranked 2nd in the CAA in assists.
- Drexel has come back to win after being down at half against George Mason three times since 2004.
- The Drexel three-point leader (Damion Lee, 61 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the George Mason three-point leader (Sherrod Wright, 39 three-pointers).