Boise State 64
(20-9, 6-8 away)
(23-7, 17-1 home)
Venue: Thomas & Mack Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||A Drmic 22
||A Drmic 8
||A Drmic 5
||B Dejean-Jones 16
||A Bennett 8
||A Marshall 7
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Boise State took on UNLV and lost at home against the Rebels 68-64 in conference play. With the loss, the Broncos tie the season series against UNLV at 1-1. Anthony Drmic got a game-high 22 points and eight rebounds in the Broncos loss. Jeff Elorriaga was solid from three-point range, going 5 for 10 to get to 19 points overall (4 Reb 3 Ast). Anthony Marshall finished with a team-high 16 points and seven assists for the Rebels. Boise State (20-9, 8-7 MWC) takes on San Diego State (20-8, 8-6 MWC) on Saturday, Mar. 9 at home.
Boise State Game Notes
- BSU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- The Broncos have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Boise State is 26-29 in close games.
- Boise State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after recording seven or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records nine or more steals this season, Boise State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Boise State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- When the opposition records 18 or more assists this season, Boise State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- BSU set season lows for blocks (zero) and steals (two).
- The Broncos have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Broncos opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Anthony Drmic accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Drmic and Kenny Buckner) accounted for 45.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 7 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Anthony Drmic has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Anthony Drmic.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Derrick Marks.
UNLV Game Notes
- The Rebels won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UNLV is 31-20 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Marshall and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 47.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Anthony Bennett and Mike Moser) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Marshall has led the team in scoring four times in 30 games this season.
- Anthony Bennett has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 30 games this season.
- Bryce Dejean-Jones has four straight double-digit point games.
- Katin Reinhardt has four straight double-digit point games.