Wake Forest vs. NC State: Full Game Preview
|Wake Forest||C Harris 15.0||D Thomas 7.5||C Miller-McIntyre 2.5|
|NC State||C Leslie 15.1||R Howell 10.9||L Brown 7.0|
On Wednesday, Wake Forest travels to PNC Arena to take on NC State. It takes place at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Demon Deacons defeated the Wolfpack 86-84 on Jan. 22 and are 3-6 against them over the past four years.
Wake Forest is in ninth place in the ACC, NC State is in fourth place.
In their last outing, despite 19 points and six rebounds from C.J. Harris, the Demon Deacons fell to Maryland 67-57 on Mar. 2. With 15.0 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. In a 70-57 victory over Georgia Tech on Mar. 3, Richard Howell put up 18 points and six rebounds for the Wolfpack. He is averaging 13.0 points per game in addition to a team-best 10.9 rebounds per game.
NC State has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Wolfpack have the upper hand over the Demon Deacons, 78 points per game to 67 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, NC State is strong in effective field goal percentage at 54.0. This is good enough for second in the conference and 21st in the nation.
NC State StatSmack
- Wake Forest has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (61.9 percent to 56.2 percent).
- Devin Thomas is ranked 9th in the ACC in rebounds and 6th in the ACC in blocks.
- Travis McKie is ranked 10th in the ACC in rebounds and 6th in the ACC in steals.
- Wake Forest is better under pressure, and has defeated NC State in five out of the last nine games decided by five points or fewer.
- C.J. Harris is ranked 8th in the ACC in points.
- Boom! Wake Forest defeated NC State by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 22, 2013).
- Over the past 10 years, Wake Forest has had more players drafted by the NBA than NC State (five vs. three).
- Wake Forest has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (38 percent vs. 55 percent).
- Wake Forest has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than NC State according to Kiplinger (84.6 percent vs. 37 percent).
- Wake Forest has come back to win after being down at half against NC State four times since 2001.
|C-||A. Adala Moto||16||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||11||2||2||1||1||1||1|
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|