(19-11, 5-8 away)
(22-8, 16-1 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||T Lacey 19
||N Jacobs 9
||T Lacey 7
||M Henderson 24
||M Holloway 6
||D Millinghaus 5
In a game where they had only nine turnovers, Ole Miss knocked off Alabama 87-83 in SEC action. The Rebels were led by LaDarius White, who put up 17 points and four rebounds. Murphy Holloway also put in a solid effort, scoring nine points and adding six rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Trevor Lacey got a team-high 19 points (7 Ast 6 Reb), including 5-of-9 shooting from three-point range. Ole Miss (22-8, 11-6 SEC) gets LSU (17-10, 8-8 SEC) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- The Rebels have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Ole Miss is 33-26 in close games.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 87 or more total points.
- Ole Miss has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Ole Miss has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record zero or fewer blocks.
- This season Ole Miss has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when Marshall Henderson has 24 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Murphy Holloway plays 35 minutes or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Nick Williams has four field goals made or more.
- The Rebels set a season high for field goal percentage (55.1).
- The last time Ole Miss had a field goal percentage of 55.1 percent or higher was Dec 01, 2011 against DePaul.
- Ole Miss set a season low for rebounds (25).
- The Rebels have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Ole Miss has a 18.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Marshall Henderson and LaDarius White) accounted for 47.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Murphy Holloway and Reginald Buckner) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 30 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 30 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and four blocks.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Reginald Buckner.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Marshall Henderson's career.
- Marshall Henderson has 26 straight double-digit point games.
- Jarvis Summers had a career high with 10 free throws made.
Alabama Game Notes
- The Crimson Tide have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Alabama is 29-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Lacey and Nick Jacobs) accounted for 44.5 percent of the points.
- Trevor Lacey has led the team in scoring 11 times in 30 games this season.
- Nick Jacobs has led the team in rebounding six times in 30 games this season.
- Trevor Lacey has six straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Lacey set career highs with five three-pointers and seven assists.
- Nick Jacobs has four straight double-digit point games.
- Nick Jacobs set career highs with 18 points and five offensive rebounds.
- Trevor Releford has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trevor Releford.