William & Mary vs. James Madison: Full Game Preview
|William & Mary||M Thornton 18.6||T Rusthoven 7.2||M Thornton 2.8|
|James Madison||R Goins 12.9||R Goins 7.4||D Moore 4.8|
William & Mary meets James Madison in the quarterfinals of the CAA Tournament at Richmond Coliseum on Saturday. It starts at 8:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-MA, NE, TCN, CAA. The Tribe lost to the Dukes 69-67 on Mar. 2 and are 5-8 against them over the last four years.
The Tribe fell 69-67 to James Madison on Mar. 2. Marcus Thornton finished with 20 points in the loss. He leads the team in points with 18.6 per game and assists with 2.8 per game. For the Dukes, A.J. Davis put up 36 points and five rebounds in the 69-67 win over William & Mary on Mar. 2. He contributes 3.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.3 points per game. One category in which James Madison is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 17.2, ranking first in their conference (and 33rd nationally).
James Madison StatSmack
- William & Mary is a better shooting team (46.7 percent vs. 41.7 percent) than James Madison this season.
- The William & Mary scoring leader (Marcus Thornton, 540 points) has more points than the James Madison scoring leader (Rayshawn Goins, 387 points).
- William & Mary has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than James Madison (No. 93 vs. No. 165).
- William & Mary is better under pressure, and has defeated James Madison in 11 out of the last 15 games decided by five points or fewer.
- William & Mary has an average margin of victory of 8 over James Madison in 37 wins since 1980.
- William & Mary has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than James Madison according to Kiplinger (82 percent vs. 64 percent).
- William & Mary is a better three-point shooting team (37.8 percent vs. 33.4 percent) than James Madison this season.
- William & Mary is better at defending the three (31.1 percent allowed vs. 36.0 percent allowed) than James Madison this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? William & Mary currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 924) than James Madison, per the NCAA.
- Marcus Thornton is ranked 31st nationally in points and 11th nationally in three-pointers.
|F||Doug Howard II||2||1||0||1||1||0||0|