Seton Hall 66
(14-16, 4-10 away)
(17-12, 13-5 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||F Edwin 15
||F Edwin 6
||A Cosby 3
||K Batts 27
||K Batts 12
||V Council 7
Providence squared off with Seton Hall on Tuesday, Mar. 5 and defeated the Pirates 76-66 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Friars remain unbeaten against Seton Hall this season. Kadeem Batts picked up a double-double in the win with a game-high 27 points and 12 rebounds. Vincent Council had 13 points and added seven assists (6 Reb 3 Stl). For the Pirates, Fuquan Edwin finished with a team-high 15 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). This makes three wins in a row for the Friars. Providence (17-12, 9-8 Big East) takes on Connecticut (19-9, 9-7 Big East) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
Providence Game Notes
- The win over Seton Hall extended the Providence winning streak to three games.
- PC beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- The Friars have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 27 or more field goals made.
- Providence has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- PC has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record three or fewer steals.
- This season Providence has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when LaDontae Henton has 15 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Kris Dunn plays 33 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Kadeem Batts has 10 field goals made or more.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--PC has a 9.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kadeem Batts accounted for 35.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kadeem Batts and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 55.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 8 times in 29 games this season.
- Bryce Cotton has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- Kadeem Batts has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Kadeem Batts recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and seventh of his career.
- Kadeem Batts had a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
- LaDontae Henton recorded the 21st double-digit rebound game of his career.
- LaDontae Henton recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 20th of his career.
- Vincent Council has four straight double-digit point games.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Fuquan Edwin and Gene Teague) accounted for 42.4 percent of the points.
- Fuquan Edwin has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding seven times in 30 games this season.
- Fuquan Edwin has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Cosby has five straight double-digit point games.
- Brian Oliver has three straight double-digit point games.