|Marquette||V Blue 14.3||D Gardner 4.8||J Cadougan 4.2|
|St John's||D Harrison 17.8||J Sampson 6.6||S Pointer 2.7|
St. John's meets No. 15 Marquette on Saturday. It starts at 2 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Red Storm are 1-5 against the Golden Eagles over the last four years. They lost 83-64 the last time they played (Jan. 11, 2012).
St. John's is currently in 10th place in the conference and Marquette is in first.
In their last outing, despite 12 points and five rebounds from JaKarr Sampson, the Red Storm fell to Notre Dame 66-40 on Mar. 5. He is averaging 14.9 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.6 per game. For the Golden Eagles, Vander Blue finished with 22 points in the 60-54 win over Rutgers on Mar. 5. He leads the team with 14.3 points per game. Marquette ranks second in their conference in free throw rate at 42.7, which also places them 30th in the country.
- The St. John's scoring leader (D`Angelo Harrison, 481 points) has more points than the Marquette scoring leader (Vander Blue, 401 points).
- The St. John's steals leader (Sir`Dominic Pointer, 38 steals) has more steals than the Marquette steals leader (Junior Cadougan, 35 steals).
- St. John's has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Marquette (No. 68 vs. No. 84).
- St. John's has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Marquette (No. 117 vs. No. 204).
- Chris Obekpa is ranked 2nd nationally in blocks.
- Since 1998, St. John's has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Marquette (eight vs. four).
- D`Angelo Harrison is ranked 7th in the Big East in points and 7th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- The St. John's rebounding leader (JaKarr Sampson, 191 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Marquette rebounding leader (Davante Gardner, 139 rebounds).
- Diaper Dandies love St. John's. St. John's has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Marquette (13 vs. 3).
|C||S. Taylor Jr.||9||3||2||0||0||0||0|
|C+||Phil Greene IV||33||9||3||3||1||0||1|