NC A&T vs. Norfolk State: Full Game Preview
|NC A&T||L Middleton 12.5||A Witter 7.2||L Middleton 2.3|
|Norfolk State||P Williams 14.0||R Gaston 6.4||J Fuentes 5.2|
Norfolk State hosts North Carolina A&T at Joseph G. Echols Hall on Thursday. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. EST. The Spartans are 4-3 against the Aggies over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 1, 2012) they won 72-65.
Norfolk State is in first place in the conference, North Carolina A&T is in sixth place. Norfolk State will be looking to extend its 14-game win streak.
In their last outing, behind 20 points and 10 rebounds from Rashid Gaston, the Spartans defeated Florida A&M 69-58 on Mar. 4. He tallies 8.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 6.4 rebounds per game. For the Aggies, Adrian Powell put up 18 points and five rebounds in the 59-57 win over Savannah State on Mar. 4. He averages 12.3 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.8 steals per game. North Carolina A&T ranks second in their conference in free throw rate at 42.0, which also places them 36th in the country.
North Carolina A&T StatSmack
- Jamel Fuentes is ranked 3rd in the MEAC in assists and 3rd in the MEAC in steals.
- Norfolk State has a better record on the road than North Carolina A&T this season (10-8 vs. 5-11).
- Norfolk State beat North Carolina A&T by 7 points the last time they played (Mar 01, 2012).
- The Norfolk State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than North Carolina A&T (50 percent vs. 27 percent).
- Norfolk State has an average margin of victory of 10 over North Carolina A&T in 16 wins since 1986.
- Even computers respect Norfolk State more. Norfolk State has a better RPI this season than North Carolina A&T (RPI: No. 173 vs. No. 258).
- The Norfolk State three-point leader (Pendarvis Williams, 58 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the North Carolina A&T three-point leader (Adrian Powell, 51 three-pointers).
- Over the past 10 years, Norfolk State has had more players drafted by the NBA than North Carolina A&T (one vs. zero).
- Norfolk State has come back to win after being down at half against North Carolina A&T four times since 1999.
|D||K. Lila-St. Rose||8||2||2||0||0||0||1|