On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Texas-El Paso was edged by No. 25 Memphis 56-54 in conference play. The Miners stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. Julian Washburn got a game-high 19 points and two rebounds for the Miners. John Bohannon had three points and added seven assists (5 Reb 3 Blk). Adonis Thomas finished with 11 points and nine rebounds for the Tigers. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Texas-El Paso (16-13, 9-6 C-USA) goes to Southern Methodist (14-15, 4-10 C-USA).
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- UTEP beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Miners have beaten the spread.
- The Miners have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-El Paso is 28-26 in close games.
- Prior to this game, UTEP played 13 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 1-12.
- Texas-El Paso has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Miners have lost 83 percent of the time this season (2-10) after having a field goal percentage of 42.2 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.5 percent or better this season, Texas-El Paso has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Texas-El Paso has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.3 percent or better this season, Texas-El Paso has lost 75 percent of the time (3-9).
- Texas-El Paso has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--UTEP has a 9.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Julian Washburn accounted for 35.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cedrick Lang and Jacques Streeter) accounted for 52.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Julian Washburn has led the team in scoring in eight out of 29 games this season.
- Cedrick Lang has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 29 games this season.
- John Bohannon had a career high with seven assists.
Memphis Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Chris Crawford and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Geron Johnson and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Crawford has led the team in scoring five times in 30 games this season.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- Geron Johnson recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tarik Black set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Chris Crawford has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Shaq Goodwin.