On Tuesday, Mar. 5, No. 25 Memphis took on Texas-El Paso and edged the Miners 56-54 in C-USA play. The Tigers got the win with 11 points and nine rebounds from Adonis Thomas. Geron Johnson had four points and added 10 rebounds (7 Ast 3 Stl). Julian Washburn finished with a game-high 19 points and two rebounds for the Miners. Memphis (26-4, 15-0 C-USA) gets UAB (15-14, 7-7 C-USA) at home on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Memphis Game Notes
- The Tigers have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Memphis is 32-14 in close games.
- The Tigers have won every game this season (17-0) after recording 38 or more rebounds.
- Memphis has won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) when its three-point percentage has been 38.5 percent or better.
- Memphis has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- Memphis has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 18.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Memphis has won 88 percent of the time (15-2) when Adonis Thomas has 11 points or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Joe Jackson plays 37 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Chris Crawford has six field goals made or more.
- The Tigers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Memphis has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Chris Crawford and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 46.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Geron Johnson and Adonis Thomas) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Crawford has led the team in scoring in five out of 30 games this season.
- Geron Johnson has led the team in rebounding in four out of 30 games this season.
- Geron Johnson recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tarik Black had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Chris Crawford has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Shaq Goodwin.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- The Miners have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-El Paso is 28-26 in close games.
- Julian Washburn accounted for 35.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cedrick Lang and Jacques Streeter) accounted for 52.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Julian Washburn has led the team in scoring eight times in 29 games this season.
- Cedrick Lang has led the team in rebounding eight times in 29 games this season.
- John Bohannon set a career high with seven assists.