|St. Peter's||D Washington 14.7||Y Raymond 5.0||B Ffrench 4.6|
|Fairfield||D Needham 14.3||A Sidibe 6.0||D Wade 3.7|
St. Peter's squares off against Fairfield in the first round of the MAAC Tournament at MassMutal Center on Friday. Tipoff is at 9:30 p.m. EST. The Peacocks fell to the Stags 61-44 on Feb. 7 and are 1-10 against them over the last four years.
In their last outing, despite 17 points from Yvon Raymond, the Peacocks fell to Niagara 78-61 on Mar. 2. He paces the team in rebounds per game with 5.0, and steals per game with 1.5. For the Stags, Colin Nickerson put up seven points and seven rebounds in the 73-60 loss to Marist on Mar. 3. He is averaging 5.9 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.6 per game.
- The St. Peter's assist leader (Blaise Ffrench, 132 assists) has more assists than the Fairfield assist leader (Derek Needham, 100 assists).
- Chris Burke is ranked 9th in the MAAC in blocks.
- St. Peter's has a better record in close games than Fairfield this season (7-4 vs. 5-5).
- St. Peter's has a stronger schedule than Fairfield this season (SOS Rank: No. 231 vs. No. 244).
- Blaise Ffrench is ranked 3rd in the MAAC in assists and 7th in the MAAC in steals.
- St. Peter's has an average margin of victory of 8 over Fairfield in 34 wins since 1980.
- The St. Peter's three-point leader (Desi Washington, 78 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Fairfield three-point leader (Derek Needham, 69 three-pointers).
- Yvon Raymond is ranked 6th in the MAAC in steals.
- St. Peter's is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on St. Peter's is 195 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Fairfield.