Kansas vs. Baylor: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.5||J Withey 8.6||E Johnson 4.9|
|Baylor||P Jackson 19.1||I Austin 8.9||P Jackson 6.4|
On Saturday, No. 4 Kansas visits Ferrell Center to take on Baylor. The game tips off at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Jayhawks beat the Bears 61-44 on Jan. 14 and are 6-2 against them over the last four years.
Kansas is in first place in the conference, Baylor is in sixth place. Kansas has won its last seven games.
In their last outing, behind 22 points and nine rebounds from Jeff Withey, the Jayhawks blew out Texas Tech 79-42 on Mar. 4. He leads the team in rebounds with 8.6 per game and blocks with 4.0 per game. For the Bears, Pierre Jackson finished with 22 points and eight assists in the 79-70 loss to Texas on Mar. 4. With 19.1 points per game and 6.4 assists per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. One category in which Baylor is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 18.0, ranking first in their conference (and 69th nationally).
- Kansas has more wins over the last 5 years than Baylor (190 vs. 138).
- Kansas has a better record at home than Baylor this season (16-1 vs. 11-5).
- Kevin Young is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in rebounds and 10th in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Kansas rebounding leader (Jeff Withey, 258 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Baylor rebounding leader (Cory Jefferson, 248 rebounds).
- Kansas has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Baylor (one vs. zero).
- The Kansas blocks leader (Jeff Withey, 120 blocks) has more blocks than the Baylor blocks leader (Cory Jefferson, 59 blocks).
- Kansas players are more experienced than Baylor players (14,166 minutes played vs. 13,314 minutes played).
- Kansas has a better record on the road than Baylor this season (7-2 vs. 4-7).
- Kansas has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Baylor (10 vs. three).
- The Kansas basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Baylor (80 percent vs. 38 percent).
- Kansas has an average margin of victory of 17 over Baylor in 17 wins since 1996.
|C-||A. White III||6||2||1||0||0||0||1|