Northern Illinois shot just 29.8 percent from the field and lost big against Toledo 70-46 in conference play on Tuesday, Mar. 5. With the loss, the Huskies stay winless against Toledo this season at 0-2. The Huskies got a team-high 14 points and three rebounds from Aksel Bolin. Mike Davis had eight points and added seven rebounds. For the Rockets, Matt Smith got a game-high 16 points and three rebounds. Next up for Northern Illinois (4-23, 2-12 MAC) is Ball State (14-14, 7-8 MAC) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on the road.
Northern Illinois Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:40 left to go.
- Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 46 or fewer total points.
- The Huskies have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 29.8 percent or worse.
- Northern Illinois has lost 78 percent of the time this season (2-7) after committing 17 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 11 or more steals this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records seven or more blocks this season, Northern Illinois has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- NIU set a season low for assists (three).
- The Huskies have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past eight games.
- Northern Illinois has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past six games.
- Aksel Bolin accounted for 30.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Mike Davis and Daveon Balls) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Aksel Bolin has led the team in scoring in six out of 28 games this season.
- Aksel Bolin had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Toledo Game Notes
- Matt Smith recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Matt Smith and Dominique Buckley) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- Matt Smith has led the team in scoring three times in 27 games this season.
- Rian Pearson has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Smith set a career high with five blocks.