Eastern Michigan 59
(14-16, 2-12 away)
Central Michigan 61
(11-18, 7-6 home)
Venue: McGuirk Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||D Thompson 14
||G Bryant 7
||J Sims 3
||K Randall 23
||O Mbaigoto 6
||C Fowler 10
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Eastern Michigan took on Central Michigan and lost a nail-biter to the Chippewas 61-59 in conference play. With the loss, the Eagles even the season series against Central Michigan at 1-1. The Eagles got 12 points and five rebounds from Daylen Harrison. Glenn Bryant had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Chippewas, Chris Fowler got six points and 10 assists. Eastern Michigan (14-16, 7-8 MAC) gets Toledo (14-13, 9-6 MAC) at home on Saturday, Mar. 9.
Eastern Michigan Game Notes
- Eastern Michigan started 14-16 during the 2011 and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- Emich beat the spread by one points. That makes the 16th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Eastern Michigan is 25-38 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 37.5 percent or better this season, Eastern Michigan has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Eastern Michigan has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Eastern Michigan has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- Emich set season lows for blocks (one), free throws made (three), and steals (three).
- The top two scorers (Derek Thompson and Glenn Bryant) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- Derek Thompson has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 30 games this season.
- Glenn Bryant has led the team in rebounding in six out of 30 games this season.
- Glenn Bryant has three straight double-digit point games.
Central Michigan Game Notes
- The Chippewas won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Central Michigan is 28-31 in close games.
- Kyle Randall recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- Kyle Randall accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Olivier Mbaigoto and Chris Fowler) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyle Randall has led the team in scoring 22 times in 29 games this season.
- Olivier Mbaigoto has led the team in rebounding eight times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Kyle Randall's career.
- Kyle Randall has 24 straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the second double-digit assist game of Chris Fowler's career.
|-||D. Richardson Jr.||10||0||1||1||0||0||1|