|Texas||M Kabongo 17.0||J Holmes 6.0||M Kabongo 5.4|
|Texas Tech||J Crockett 11.8||J Crockett 6.8||J Gray 3.3|
On Saturday, Texas travels to United Spirit Arena to take on Texas Tech. Tipoff is at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network. The Longhorns defeated the Red Raiders 73-57 on Jan. 26 and are 9-0 against them over the past four years.
Texas is in seventh place in the Big 12 and needs to hold off Texas Tech who sit just south in ninth place.
In a 79-70 triumph over Baylor on Mar. 4, Sheldon McClellan put up 23 points for the Longhorns. He is putting up 13.7 points per game while also averaging 4.1 rebounds per game. The Red Raiders were defeated by Kansas 79-42 on Mar. 4 despite 16 points from Jordan Tolbert. He contributes 5.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 9.7 points per game.
Texas Tech StatSmack
- Boom! Texas humiliated Texas Tech by 16 points the last time they played (Jan 26, 2013).
- It's only wins and losses, but Texas has a better overall record than Texas Tech this season (14-16 vs. 10-18).
- The Texas scoring leader (Sheldon McClellan, 410 points) has more points than the Texas Tech scoring leader (Jaye Crockett, 329 points).
- Texas has come back to win after being down at half against Texas Tech four times since 2001.
- The Texas blocks leader (Cameron Ridley, 45 blocks) has more blocks than the Texas Tech blocks leader (Dejan Kravic, 35 blocks).
- Texas is better at defending the three (29.1 percent allowed vs. 37.1 percent allowed) than Texas Tech this season.
- Over the past 10 years, Texas has had more players drafted by the NBA than Texas Tech (13 vs. one).
- That must sting. Texas has blown out Texas Tech by 20 points or more on 12 occasions since 2000.
- Even computers respect Texas more. Texas has a better RPI this season than Texas Tech (RPI: No. 116 vs. No. 219).
- Texas has a better scoring defense (65.6 allowed per game vs. 72.3 allowed per game) than Texas Tech this season.
- Texas is ranked higher than Texas Tech in the Big 12 (No. 7 vs. No. 9).
|D+||J. Williams, Jr.||20||5||2||1||0||0||1|