|Loyola (IL)||C Thomas 16||B Averkamp 9||J White 5|
|Youngstown State||B Allen 15||S Amiker Jr. 9||B Allen 5|
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Loyola (Chicago) suffered a heartbreaking loss against Youngstown State 62-60 in the first round of the Horizon Tournament. The Ramblers stay winless against Youngstown State this season at 0-3. The Ramblers were led by Ben Averkamp, who put up 14 points and nine rebounds. Christian Thomas had 16 points and added six rebounds. For the Penguins, Damian Eargle got 10 points and eight rebounds. Loyola (Chicago) (15-16) finished the regular season seventh in the Horizon with a 5-11 record in conference play.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- The last time LCU started the season 15-16 was 2002.
- LCU beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Ramblers have beaten the spread.
- The Ramblers have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) is 25-26 in close games.
- Loyola (Chicago) has lost 80 percent of the time this season (3-12) after recording 32 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records eight or more blocks this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- The Ramblers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Thomas and Ben Averkamp) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ben Averkamp and Christian Thomas) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Christian Thomas has led the team in scoring in nine out of 31 games this season.
- Ben Averkamp has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 31 games this season.
- Jordan Hicks has three straight double-digit point games.
- Christian Thomas has 16 straight double-digit point games.
Youngstown State Game Notes
- The Penguins won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Youngstown State is 23-33 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Kamren Belin and Blake Allen) accounted for 48.3 percent of the points.
- Shawn Amiker Jr. accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kamren Belin has led the team in scoring four times in 31 games this season.
- Blake Allen set a career high with four steals.
- Damian Eargle has four straight double-digit point games.
|A||S. Amiker Jr.||35||9||9||1||0||0||0|