|Louisiana-Monroe||A Olatayo 16.1||J James 6.1||J James 5.0|
|Western Kentucky||T Price 14.9||G Fant 6.7||J Crook 4.4|
Western Kentucky matches up against Louisiana-Monroe in the first round of the Sun Belt Tournament at Summit Arena on Friday. It gets started at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on Sun Belt Network. The Hilltoppers defeated the Warhawks 75-57 on Feb. 21 and are 6-1 against them over the past four years.
In their last game on Mar. 2, George Fant put up 18 points and six rebounds for the Hilltoppers in a loss to Middle Tennessee State, 70-62. He leads the team in rebounds per game with 6.7 while also putting up 12.8 points per game. For the Warhawks, Amos Olatayo finished with 21 points and eight rebounds in the 71-63 loss to Louisiana on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 16.1 per game, steals with 1.5 per game, and blocks with 0.4 per game.
There are two key statistical areas where Western Kentucky has an advantage. The Hilltoppers have an edge in rebounding, 36.7 per game to 29.6 per game. Western Kentucky also has an advantage in scoring, 67.5 points per game to 60 points per game.
- Western Kentucky is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Western Kentucky is 77.2 inches compared to 76.0 inches for Louisiana-Monroe.
- Western Kentucky has a better conference record than Louisiana-Monroe this season (10-10 vs. 3-17).
- Western Kentucky has a potent offense, scoring more points (67.5 per game vs. 60.0 per game) than Louisiana-Monroe this season.
- The Western Kentucky basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Louisiana-Monroe (100 percent vs. 28 percent).
- Western Kentucky has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last five years (56.6 percent to 24.5 percent).
- Western Kentucky players are more experienced than Louisiana-Monroe players (13,254 minutes played vs. 8,175 minutes played).
- Western Kentucky attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.7 per game vs. 29.6 per game) than Louisiana-Monroe this season.
- Boom! Western Kentucky humiliated Louisiana-Monroe by 18 points the last time they played (Feb 21, 2013).
- Brandon Harris is ranked 8th in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Western Kentucky currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (944 to 843) than Louisiana-Monroe, per the NCAA.