Southern Miss 84
(22-8, 10-7 away)
(13-17, 12-6 home)
Venue: Cam Henderson Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||D Davis 35
||J Mills 8
||N Watson 8
||E Pittman 22
||N Spikes 5
||D Kane 7
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Southern Miss took on Marshall and lost on their home court to the Thundering Herd 88-84 in conference play. The Golden Eagles even the season series against Marshall at 1-1 with the loss. The Golden Eagles got a good performance from Dwayne Davis, who put up a staggering 35 points (5 Reb 4 Ast 4 Stl), with 15 coming from three-point range. Neil Watson had eight points. For the Thundering Herd, Elijah Pittman got a team-high 22 points and three rebounds. Next up for Southern Miss (22-8, 11-4 C-USA) is UCF (19-10, 8-6 C-USA) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
Southern Miss Game Notes
- The Golden Eagles have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Miss is 31-26 in close games.
- When the opposition records 88 or more total points this season, Southern Miss has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 55.1 percent or better this season, Southern Miss has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Southern Miss has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- Dwayne Davis recorded a team season high in points with 35, field goals made with 13, and field goals attempted with 20.
- Dwayne Davis accounted for 41.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jonathan Mills and Daveon Boardingham) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Dwayne Davis has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Jonathan Mills has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Dwayne Davis's career.
- Dwayne Davis has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Dwayne Davis.
- Jonathan Mills has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Jonathan Mills.
Marshall Game Notes
- The Thundering Herd won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Marshall is 37-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Elijah Pittman and D.D. Scarver) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- Elijah Pittman has led the team in scoring 13 times in 30 games this season.
- Dennis Tinnon has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Elijah Pittman's career.
- Elijah Pittman has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Nigel Spikes set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Robert Goff.