Miami (OH) 58
(8-20, 3-12 away)
(24-5, 15-0 home)
Venue: James A. Rhodes Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||J Harris 21
||V Legarza 6
||G McKnight 4
||Z Marshall 14
||Z Marshall 8
||A Abreu 7
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Akron topped Miami (OH) 72-58 in MAC action. The Zips remain unbeaten against Miami (OH) this season at 2-0. The Zips were led by Zeke Marshall, who put up a team-high 14 points and eight rebounds (5 Ast 3 Blk). Demetrius Treadwell had 10 points and added seven rebounds. Jon Harris finished with a career-high 21 points and six rebounds for the RedHawks. Akron (24-5, 14-1 MAC) hosts Kent State (18-12, 8-7 MAC) on Friday, Mar. 8.
Akron Game Notes
- The Zips have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Akron has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) when its field goal percentage has been 50.0 percent or better.
- Akron has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- Akron has won 88 percent of the time this season (21-3) after holding an opponent to under 46.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Akron has won 89 percent of the time (17-2) when Demetrius Treadwell has 10 points or more, 93 percent of the time (13-1) when Alex Abreu plays 32 minutes or more, and 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Nick Harney has five field goals made or more.
- The Zips set a season high for steals (14).
- The last time Akron recorded at least 14 steals was Nov 12, 2010 against Blank.
- The Zips have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- Akron has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Akron has a 17.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two rebounders (Zeke Marshall and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Zeke Marshall has led the team in scoring 11 times and in rebounding 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Demetrius Treadwell has four straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall has six straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall had a career high with five assists.
- Alex Abreu has five straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Abreu had a career high with four three-pointers.
Miami (OH) Game Notes
- This loss extended the RedHawks losing streak to eight games.
- Jon Harris accounted for 36.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jon Harris and Vince Legarza) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jon Harris has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Jon Harris's career.
- Jon Harris set career highs with 21 points and eight field goals made.