(15) Marquette 60
(22-7, 6-6 away)
(13-15, 10-7 home)
Venue: Louis Brown Athletic Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||V Blue 22
||J Wilson 5
||V Blue 3
||M Mack 11
||M Poole 6
||M Mack 4
Rutgers faced off with No. 15 Marquette on Tuesday, Mar. 5 and got beat at home by the Golden Eagles 60-54 in conference play. The Scarlet Knights go to 1-7 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. Myles Mack put up a team-high 11 points in a losing effort. Jerome Seagears had 10 points and added four rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Vander Blue finished with a game-high 22 points and four rebounds. The next game will be on Friday, Mar. 8 when Rutgers (13-14, 4-12 Big East) heads to Seton Hall (14-15, 3-13 Big East).
Rutgers Game Notes
- The last time Rutgers started the season 13-15 was 2010.
- Rutgers beat the spread by one points. That makes the 12th time this season the Scarlet Knights have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, Rutgers played 45 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 7-38.
- Rutgers has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.8 percent or better this season, Rutgers has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- Rutgers set a season low for free throws made (four).
- Rutgers has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Scarlet Knights opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Rutgers has a 1.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring in nine out of 28 games this season.
- Wally Judge had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Marquette Game Notes
- Vander Blue accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring 15 times in 29 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding seven times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Vander Blue's career.
- Jamil Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
|C+||S. Taylor Jr.||18||7||1||0||0||0||0|