No. 15 Marquette got a road victory against Rutgers 60-54 in Big East action on Tuesday, Mar. 5. The Golden Eagles were led by Vander Blue, who put up a game-high 22 points and four rebounds. Jamil Wilson scored 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Scarlet Knights, Myles Mack got a team-high 11 points. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 9 when Marquette (21-7, 12-4 Big East) goes to St. John's (16-13, 8-9 Big East).
Marquette Game Notes
- Marquette started 22-7 during the 2007 and 2006 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Rutgers extended the Marquette winning streak to three games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 86 percent of the time this season (12-2) after recording seven or more steals.
- Marquette has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record four or fewer steals.
- This season Marquette has won 88 percent of the time (14-2) when Jamil Wilson has 10 points or more and 100 percent of the time (7-0) when Junior Cadougan has four free throws made or more.
- This is the second win of the season where the Golden Eagles came back after being down at halftime.
- Vander Blue accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Vander Blue has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 29 games this season.
- Trent Lockett has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 29 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Vander Blue's career.
- Jamil Wilson has three straight double-digit point games.
Rutgers Game Notes
- This loss extended the Scarlet Knights losing streak to five games.
- Myles Mack has led the team in scoring nine times in 28 games this season.
- Wally Judge set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.