Iowa topped Illinois 63-55 in conference play on Tuesday, Mar. 5. The Hawkeyes got the win with a game-high 21 points and six rebounds from Roy Devyn Marble. Aaron White scored seven points and added five rebounds. For the Fighting Illini, Brandon Paul finished with a team-high 18 points and nine rebounds. Iowa (19-11, 8-9 Big Ten) takes on Nebraska (13-16, 4-12 Big Ten) on Saturday, Mar. 9 on their home court.
Iowa Game Notes
- The last time Iowa started the season 19-11 was 2000.
- Iowa beat the spread by four points. That makes the 15th time this season the Hawkeyes have beaten the spread.
- The Hawkeyes have won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after recording 43 or more rebounds.
- Iowa has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- This season Iowa has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Roy Devyn Marble has 21 points or more.
- The Hawkeyes set a season high for blocks (13).
- The Hawkeyes have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Iowa has a 16.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Abodunrin Gabriel Olaseni recorded a team season high in blocks with seven.
- Roy Devyn Marble accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Roy Devyn Marble has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 3 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Roy Devyn Marble's career.
- Roy Devyn Marble has seven straight double-digit point games.
Illinois Game Notes
- Brandon Paul recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with nine.
- Brandon Paul accounted for 32.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Paul and Nnanna Egwu) accounted for 41.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Brandon Paul has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding seven times in 31 games this season.
- D.J. Richardson has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Paul has four straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Paul set a career high with nine defensive rebounds.