Virginia Tech 57
(13-17, 2-9 away)
(3) Duke 85
(26-4, 20-0 home)
Venue: Cameron Indoor Stadium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||E Green 25
||M Wood 7
||M Rankin 2
||S Curry 20
||R Kelly 9
||R Kelly 5
Virginia Tech was trounced by No. 3 Duke 85-57 in conference play in a game where the Blue Devils scored 36 points from behind the arc. This one looked like it would be close until the end with Virginia Tech down only 38-35 at the half, but Duke came out and ran away with it in the second half. The Hokies now have a record of 1-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Hokies got a game-high 25 points and four rebounds from Erick Green. Jarell Eddie had 13 points and added seven rebounds. For the Blue Devils, Ryan Kelly got 18 points and nine rebounds. Virginia Tech (13-17, 4-13 ACC) travels to Wake Forest (12-16, 5-11 ACC) on Sunday, Mar. 10.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- Prior to this game, VT played 35 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 7-28.
- Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Hokies have lost 89 percent of the time this season (1-8) after having a field goal percentage of 38.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.7 percent or better this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 17 or more assists this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 85 or more total points this season, Virginia Tech has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Erick Green accounted for 43.8 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jarell Eddie and Marshall Wood) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring in 28 out of 30 games this season.
- Jarell Eddie has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the 34th 20-point game of Erick Green's career.
- Erick Green has 30 straight double-digit point games.
Duke Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Seth Curry and Ryan Kelly) accounted for 44.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Kelly and Mason Plumlee) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Seth Curry has led the team in scoring 13 times in 30 games this season.
- Ryan Kelly has led the team in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 41st 20-point game of Seth Curry's career.
- Mason Plumlee has five straight double-digit point games.
- Quinn Cook has four straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Kelly set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.
|C||J. van Zegeren||15||4||3||0||0||1||2|