Oklahoma State vs. Iowa State: Full Game Preview
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 15.7||M Cobbins 6.3||M Smart 4.3|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.6||M Ejim 9.4||K Lucious 5.6|
Iowa State hosts No. 13 Oklahoma State at James H. Hilton Coliseum on Wednesday. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Cyclones fell to the Cowboys 78-76 on Jan. 30 and are 1-6 against them over the last four years.
Iowa State is in fifth place in the Big 12 and just behind third-place Oklahoma State with a chance to close in.
In their last outing, despite 22 points from Tyrus McGee, the Cyclones fell to Oklahoma 86-69 on Mar. 2. On top of a team-high 1.2 steals per game, he also scores 13.8 points per game. For the Cowboys, Markel Brown finished with 18 points and six rebounds in the 78-65 win over Texas on Mar. 2. He leads the team with 15.7 points per game.
Oklahoma State StatSmack
- Korie Lucious is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 32nd nationally in assists.
- Melvin Ejim is ranked 24th nationally in rebounds.
- The Iowa State assist leader (Korie Lucious, 163 assists) has more assists than the Oklahoma State assist leader (Marcus Smart, 121 assists).
- Over the past 10 years, Iowa State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Oklahoma State (five vs. four).
- Tyrus McGee is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in points, 16th nationally in three-pointers, and 9th in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Iowa State rebounding leader (Melvin Ejim, 272 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Oklahoma State rebounding leader (Philip Jurick, 172 rebounds).
- Iowa State has an average margin of victory of 8 over Oklahoma State in 19 wins since 1980.
- Chris Babb is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- The Iowa State three-point leader (Tyrus McGee, 85 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Oklahoma State three-point leader (Phil Forte, 62 three-pointers).
- Will Clyburn is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in points and 5th in the Big 12 in rebounds.