DePaul vs. Syracuse: Full Game Preview
|DePaul||B Young 16.8||C Melvin 7.1||B Young 4.6|
|Syracuse||C Fair 14.5||C Fair 7.3||M Carter-Williams 7.9|
On Wednesday, DePaul heads to Carrier Dome to take on No. 17 Syracuse. It takes place at 6 p.m. EST and you can catch it on SNY, TWC, Big East, MASN. The Blue Demons are 0-4 against the Orange over the last four years. They lost 87-68 the last time they played (Jan. 1, 2012).
DePaul maintains 14th place in the Big East while Syracuse is in fifth place.
The Blue Demons fell 83-73 to South Florida on Mar. 3. Brandon Young finished with 18 points and five assists in the loss. He contributes a team-leading 16.8 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Orange, Michael Carter-Williams put up 11 points and seven rebounds in the 58-53 loss to Louisville on Mar. 2. He leads the team in assists with 7.9 per game and steals with 2.9 per game. Syracuse ranks second in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.9, which also places them sixth in the country.
- DePaul has an average margin of victory of 22 over Syracuse in three wins since 1980.
- The DePaul basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Syracuse (67 percent vs. 54 percent).
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 6th in the Big East in blocks.
- Brandon Young is ranked 5th in the Big East in points, 7th in the Big East in assists, and 10th in the Big East in steals.
- The DePaul scoring leader (Brandon Young, 486 points) has more points than the Syracuse scoring leader (C.J. Fair, 421 points).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? DePaul currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 936) than Syracuse, per the NCAA.
- Cleveland Melvin is ranked 7th in the Big East in points and 8th in the Big East in rebounds.
- DePaul players are more experienced than Syracuse players (12,903 minutes played vs. 12,786 minutes played).
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||13||2||3||0||0||1||1|