(8-24, 1-18 away)
(13-19, 9-9 home)
Venue: HTC Center
6:00PM ET / 3:00PM PT, March 05, 2013
||K Mutakabbir 19
||J Clyburn 6
||E Washington 10
||T Freeman 22
||R McCarter 7
||T Freeman 5
On Tuesday, Mar. 5, Campbell took on Presbyterian and defeated the Blue Hose 81-73 in overtime in the first round of the Big South Tournament. The Fighting Camels remain undefeated against Presbyterian this season at 2-0. The Fighting Camels got the win with a game-high 22 points and five assists (3 Reb 3 Stl) from Trey Freeman. Marvelle Harris had 15 points and added six rebounds. Joshua Clyburn got 16 points and six rebounds for the Blue Hose. Presbyterian (8-24) finished the regular season 11th in the Big South with a 4-12 conference record.
Campbell Game Notes
- Campbell beat the spread by five points.
- Campbell has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Fighting Camels have played in eight overtime games with a record of 7-1.
- The Fighting Camels have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Campbell is 21-25 in close games.
- The Fighting Camels have won every game this season (7-0) after recording 81 or more total points.
- Campbell has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when its field goal percentage has been 46.8 percent or better.
- This season Campbell has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Andrew Ryan has five field goals made or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Darius Leonard has six rebounds or more.
- Campbell set a season low for steals (four).
- Campbell has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Trey Freeman and Marvelle Harris) accounted for 45.6 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (21) than the starters (12).
- Trey Freeman has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 32 games this season.
- Reco McCarter has led the team in rebounding in six out of 32 games this season.
- This marks the 11th 20-point game of Trey Freeman's career.
- Trey Freeman had a career high with a 67 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Antwon Oliver.
- Marvelle Harris has three straight double-digit point games.
Presbyterian Game Notes
- The Blue Hose have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Presbyterian is 23-26 in close games.
- This loss extended the Blue Hose losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Khalid Mutakabbir and Joshua Clyburn) accounted for 47.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joshua Clyburn and Ryan McTavish) accounted for 42.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has led the team in scoring 19 times in 32 games this season.
- Joshua Clyburn has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 32 games this season.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Eric Washington's career.
- Eric Washington recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.
- Eric Washington set a career high with 10 assists.
- Khalid Mutakabbir has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Khalid Mutakabbir.
- Joshua Clyburn has three straight double-digit point games.
- Joshua Clyburn set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Ryan McTavish.