|Lamar||S Brown 11.5||S Brown 7.7||D Minor 3.7|
|Nicholls State||F Hunter 19.2||F Hunter 7.8||D Thomas 2.6|
Nicholls State plays host to Lamar at Stopher Gym on Thursday. It gets started at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Colonels beat the Cardinals 74-63 on Feb. 19 and are 5-2 against them over the last four years.
Nicholls State is in sixth place in the conference, Lamar is in 10th place.
In spite of 25 points and nine rebounds from Fred Hunter, the Colonels came up short 68-64 against Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 19.2 per game, rebounds with 7.8 per game, and steals with 1.8 per game. For the Cardinals, Donley Minor put up 15 points and seven rebounds in the 68-50 loss to Oral Roberts on Mar. 2. He is averaging 9.2 points per game and leads the team in assists with 3.7 per game.
Nicholls State has a statistical advantage over Lamar in one significant category, scoring, where the Colonels have an edge over the Cardinals, 66 points per game to 59.6 points per game.
- T.J. Carpenter is ranked 9th in the Southland in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Nicholls State more. Nicholls State has a better RPI this season than Lamar (RPI: No. 280 vs. No. 332).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Nicholls State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (942 to 940) than Lamar, per the NCAA.
- The Nicholls State three-point leader (T.J. Carpenter, 39 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Lamar three-point leader (Donley Minor, 27 three-pointers).
- A for effort, but Nicholls State has emerged victorious against Lamar the last two times they've played.
- It's only wins and losses, but Nicholls State has a better overall record than Lamar this season (8-19 vs. 3-26).
- Nicholls State has a better conference record than Lamar this season (7-9 vs. 1-15).
- The Nicholls State steals leader (Fred Hunter, 42 steals) has more steals than the Lamar steals leader (Amos Wilson, 33 steals).
- Boom! Nicholls State crushed Lamar by 11 points the last time they played (Feb 19, 2013).
- Nicholls State players are more experienced than Lamar players (12,596 minutes played vs. 9,392 minutes played).