|Lamar||S Brown 11.5||S Brown 7.7||D Minor 3.7|
|Nicholls State||F Hunter 19.2||F Hunter 7.8||D Thomas 2.6|
Lamar heads to Stopher Gym on Thursday to take on Nicholls State. It starts at 8:30 p.m. EST. The Cardinals fell to the Colonels 74-63 on Feb. 19 and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
Lamar is in 10th place in the conference, Nicholls State is in sixth place. Lamar is struggling, currently on a six-game losing streak.
In their last outing, despite 15 points and seven rebounds from Donley Minor, the Cardinals fell to Oral Roberts 68-50 on Mar. 2. He tallies 9.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 3.7 assists per game. For the Colonels, Fred Hunter finished with 25 points and nine rebounds in the 68-64 loss to Texas A&M-Corpus Christi on Mar. 2. He puts up a team-leading 19.2 points per game, 7.8 rebounds per game, and 1.8 steals per game.
Nicholls State has a statistical edge over Lamar in one specific area, scoring, where the Colonels have the upper hand over the Cardinals, 66 points per game to 59.6 points per game.
Nicholls State StatSmack
- Stanford Brown is ranked 3rd in the Southland in rebounds and 8th in the Southland in blocks.
- The Lamar assist leader (Donley Minor, 107 assists) has more assists than the Nicholls State assist leader (Shane Rillieux, 64 assists).
- Rhon Mitchell is ranked 8th in the Southland in blocks.
- The Lamar blocks leader (Rhon Mitchell, 25 blocks) has more blocks than the Nicholls State blocks leader (JaMarkus Horace, 21 blocks).
- Lamar attacks the glass, with more rebounds (37.1 per game vs. 31.1 per game) than Nicholls State this season.
- Lamar has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (48.2 percent to 35.4 percent).
- Lamar has come back to win after being down at half against Nicholls State five times since 1997.
- Lamar has an average margin of victory of 10 over Nicholls State in 18 wins since 1996.
- Lamar has a stronger schedule than Nicholls State this season (SOS Rank: No. 212 vs. No. 249).
- The Lamar rebounding leader (Stanford Brown, 222 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Nicholls State rebounding leader (Fred Hunter, 187 rebounds).