Georgia Tech vs. Miami: Full Game Preview
|Georgia Tech||M Georges-Hunt 10.5||R Carter 6.8||M Udofia 3.0|
|Miami||S Larkin 13.8||R Johnson 7.8||S Larkin 4.3|
No. 6 Miami (FL) welcomes Georgia Tech to BankUnited Center on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can see it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Hurricanes beat the Yellow Jackets 62-49 on Jan. 5 and are 5-2 against them over the last four years.
Miami (FL) is first in the conference and Georgia Tech is eigth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In spite of 25 points from Shane Larkin, the Hurricanes came up short 79-76 against Duke on Mar. 2. He contributes a team-leading 13.8 points per game, 4.3 assists per game, and 2.0 steals per game. For the Yellow Jackets, Marcus Georges-Hunt finished with six points and six rebounds in the 70-57 loss to NC State on Mar. 3. He leads the team with 10.5 points per game. One category in which Georgia Tech is especially proficient is defensive rebounding percentage at 71.7, ranking second in their conference (and 50th nationally).
Georgia Tech StatSmack
- Miami is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Miami is 226 lbs compared to 220 lbs for Georgia Tech.
- Miami has a better record on the road than Georgia Tech this season (10-3 vs. 2-6).
- Miami has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (63.6 percent to 47.1 percent).
- Shane Larkin is ranked 9th in the ACC in three-pointers, 4th in the ACC in assists, and 1st in the ACC in steals.
- Miami has a stronger schedule than Georgia Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 4 vs. No. 97).
- Durand Scott is ranked 5th in the ACC in steals.
- The Miami three-point leader (Shane Larkin, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Georgia Tech three-point leader (Mfon Udofia, 34 three-pointers).
- Miami players are more experienced than Georgia Tech players (18,189 minutes played vs. 15,114 minutes played).
- A for effort, but Miami has emerged victorious against Georgia Tech the last three times they've played.
- Miami has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (44 percent vs. 59 percent).
- Miami is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Miami is 79.2 inches compared to 77.8 inches for Georgia Tech.
|D||S. Poole, Jr.||8||2||2||0||0||0||0|