|Citadel||M Groselle 15.7||M Groselle 7.7||M Harris III 5.1|
|Western Carolina||T Sumler 17.9||T King 6.2||T Sumler 3.6|
Citadel squares off against Western Carolina in the first round of the SoCon Tournament at Asheville Civic Center on Friday. Tipoff occurs at 8:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs fell to the Catamounts 72-55 on Jan. 5 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
The Bulldogs fell 69-62 to Wofford on Mar. 2. Mike Groselle finished with 17 points and seven rebounds in the loss. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 15.7 points per game, 7.7 rebounds per game, and 1.3 steals per game. For the Catamounts, Preston Ross finished with nine points and six rebounds in the 56-54 win over Samford on Mar. 2. He contributes 4.1 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.5 points per game.
Western Carolina StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Citadel currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (973 to 959) than Western Carolina, per the NCAA.
- Citadel is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Citadel is 76.9 inches compared to 75.4 inches for Western Carolina.
- The Citadel rebounding leader (Mike Groselle, 222 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Western Carolina rebounding leader (Tawaski King, 192 rebounds).
- The Citadel assist leader (Marshall Harris III, 149 assists) has more assists than the Western Carolina assist leader (Trey Sumler, 109 assists).
- Citadel has come back to win after being down at half against Western Carolina six times since 1997.
- Citadel is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Citadel is 204 lbs compared to 191 lbs for Western Carolina.
- Citadel is better under pressure, and has defeated Western Carolina in four out of the last four games decided by five points or fewer.
- Matt Van Scyoc is ranked 9th in SoCon in three-pointers.
- Citadel has an average margin of victory of 8 over Western Carolina in 31 wins since 1980.
- Marshall Harris III is ranked 1st in SoCon in assists.
- Mike Groselle is ranked 5th in SoCon in points, 5th in SoCon in rebounds, and 10th in SoCon in steals.
|D+||Matt Van Scyoc||31||11||3||1||1||1||2|
|D+||M. Harris III||30||6||2||5||1||0||2|