Furman vs. Samford: Full Game Preview
|Furman||C Reddick 12.8||C Reddick 6.2||S Croone 4.1|
|Samford||R Kelly 14.5||T Williams 7.2||R Kelly 4.7|
Samford squares off against Furman in the first round of the SoCon Tournament at Asheville Civic Center on Friday. It gets started at 2 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN3.com. The Bulldogs defeated the Paladins 64-53 on Feb. 16 and are 4-6 against them over the past four years.
The Bulldogs were defeated by Western Carolina 56-54 on Mar. 2 despite 13 points from Raijon Kelly. On top of his scoring average of 14.5 points per game, he delivers 4.7 assists per game. For the Paladins, Colin Reddick finished with 16 points in the 74-50 loss to College of Charleston on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 12.8 per game and rebounds with 6.2 per game.
- The Samford blocks leader (Tim Williams, 35 blocks) has more blocks than the Furman blocks leader (Kendrec Ferrara, 30 blocks).
- Samford has a much lower average debt at graduation according to Kiplinger than Furman ($15,702 vs. $27,373).
- Samford has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Furman ($30,166 vs. $48,770).
- Samford has a better conference record than Furman this season (9-9 vs. 3-15).
- Samford has a stronger schedule than Furman this season (SOS Rank: No. 254 vs. No. 310).
- Even computers respect Samford more. Samford has a better RPI this season than Furman (RPI: No. 281 vs. No. 343).
- Samford has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (51.1 percent to 42.2 percent).
- Tim Williams is ranked 8th in SoCon in points, 5th in SoCon in rebounds, 6th in SoCon in steals, and 5th in SoCon in blocks.
- Samford is ranked higher than Furman in SoCon (No. 5 vs. No. 12).
- The Samford scoring leader (Raijon Kelly, 448 points) has more points than the Furman scoring leader (Colin Reddick, 371 points).
|C||C. Geffrard Jr.||28||11||4||1||1||1||2|