Mount St. Mary's vs. Bryant University: Full Game Preview
|Mount St. Mary's||R Whack 13.4||S Prescott 4.1||J Castellanos 3.4|
|Bryant University||D Starks 17.7||A Francis 8.7||F Dobbs 5.1|
Bryant battles Mount St. Mary's in the quarterfinals of the NEC Tournament at Chace Athletic Center on Wednesday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST. The Bulldogs lost to the Mountaineers 84-70 on Feb. 14 and are 2-5 against them over the last four years.
In an 85-60 dismantling of St. Francis (PA) on Mar. 2, Alex Francis put up 19 points and 12 rebounds for the Bulldogs. He is averaging 17.1 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 8.7 per game. For the Mountaineers, Shivaughn Wiggins finished with 28 points in the 103-82 blowout of Fairleigh Dickinson on Mar. 2. He contributes 2.2 assists per game in addition to his 9.6 points per game.
Mount St. Mary's StatSmack
- Bryant has a better record on the road than Mount St. Mary's this season (8-7 vs. 6-11).
- Dyami Starks is ranked 4th in the NEC in points and 13th nationally in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Bryant more. Bryant has a better RPI this season than Mount St. Mary's (RPI: No. 150 vs. No. 154).
- Bryant is a better shooting team (48.1 percent vs. 43.2 percent) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Bryant is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Bryant is 76.4 inches compared to 75.2 inches for Mount St. Mary's.
- Alex Francis is ranked 5th in the NEC in points and 2nd in the NEC in rebounds.
- Bryant is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Bryant is 197 lbs compared to 186 lbs for Mount St. Mary's.
- Bryant does a better job contesting shots (45.0 percent allowed vs. 51.6 percent allowed) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Bryant is better at defending the three (35.2 percent allowed vs. 39.2 percent allowed) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- Bryant attacks the glass, with more rebounds (34.1 per game vs. 28.8 per game) than Mount St. Mary's this season.
- It's only wins and losses, but Bryant has a better overall record than Mount St. Mary's this season (19-10 vs. 16-13).