Penn vs. Brown: Full Game Preview
|Penn||F Dougherty 13.8||F Dougherty 8.1||M Cartwright 3.8|
|Brown||M Sullivan 14.2||C Kuakumensah 7.5||S McGonagill 3.9|
Brown hosts Pennsylvania at Pizzitola Sports Center on Friday. The game gets underway at 7 p.m. EST. The Bears lost to the Quakers 71-48 on Feb. 9 and are 1-8 against them over the last four years.
Pennsylvania is in fifth place in the conference and nipping at the heels of third-place Brown.
In a 61-58 win over Columbia on Mar. 2, Matt Sullivan put up 17 points and six steals for the Bears. He leads the team with 14.2 points per game and 1.8 steals per game. For the Quakers, Darien Nelson-Henry put up 18 points and 11 rebounds in the 75-72 win over Harvard on Mar. 2. He contributes 4.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.7 points per game.
- The Brown steals leader (Matt Sullivan, 47 steals) has more steals than the Pennsylvania steals leader (Jamal Lewis, 33 steals).
- Tucker Halpern is ranked 6th in the Ivy League in three-pointers.
- Matt Sullivan is ranked 3rd in the Ivy League in points, 7th in the Ivy League in three-pointers, and 3rd in the Ivy League in steals.
- The Brown three-point leader (Sean McGonagill, 57 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Pennsylvania three-point leader (Patrick Lucas-Perry, 32 three-pointers).
- The Brown scoring leader (Matt Sullivan, 369 points) has more points than the Pennsylvania scoring leader (Miles Cartwright, 362 points).
- Brown is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Brown is 77.5 inches compared to 75.5 inches for Pennsylvania.
- Brown is ranked higher than Pennsylvania in the Ivy League (No. 3 vs. No. 5).
- Brown has a better record in close games than Pennsylvania this season (5-4 vs. 4-6).
- Cedric Kuakumensah is ranked 1st in the Ivy League in rebounds and 43rd nationally in blocks.
- The Brown rebounding leader (Cedric Kuakumensah, 196 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Pennsylvania rebounding leader (Darien Nelson-Henry, 111 rebounds).
- The Brown blocks leader (Cedric Kuakumensah, 61 blocks) has more blocks than the Pennsylvania blocks leader (Darien Nelson-Henry, 24 blocks).