Bethune-Cookman vs. Coppin State: Full Game Preview
|Bethune-Cookman||A Coleman 17.7||A Coleman 7.3||K Dukes 3.2|
|Coppin State||M Murray 12.2||M Murray 8.9||T Cephas 3.0|
Coppin State welcomes Bethune-Cookman to Coppin Center on Thursday. Tipoff occurs at 7:30 p.m. EST. The Eagles are 2-3 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They lost 88-80 the last time they played (Mar. 1, 2012).
Coppin State is in 10th place in the conference and trying to catch eigth-place Bethune-Cookman.
The 22 points by Andre Armstrong helped the Eagles to a 63-60 victory over Maryland-Eastern Shore on Mar. 4. In addition to his 11.7 points per game, he is also chipping in 1.4 rebounds per game. For the Wildcats, Adrien Coleman finished with 15 points and 12 rebounds in the 75-66 loss to Hampton on Mar. 4. With 17.7 points per game and 7.3 rebounds per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. When considering the Four Factors, Bethune-Cookman performs well in turnover percentage at 18.5. This ranks first in the conference and 95th in the country.
- Coppin State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Coppin State is 76.4 inches compared to 75.0 inches for Bethune-Cookman.
- Coppin State has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (48.5 percent to 40.4 percent).
- Coppin State has come back to win after being down at half against Bethune-Cookman eight times since 1996.
- Coppin State has an average margin of victory of 13 over Bethune-Cookman in 44 wins since 1984.
- Coppin State has a stronger schedule than Bethune-Cookman this season (SOS Rank: No. 255 vs. No. 281).
- The Coppin State rebounding leader (Michael Murray, 257 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Bethune-Cookman rebounding leader (Adrien Coleman, 218 rebounds).
- Taariq Cephas is ranked 8th in the MEAC in assists.
- Michael Murray is ranked 47th nationally in rebounds.
- Andre Armstrong is ranked 2nd in the MEAC in three-pointers.
- Coppin State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Coppin State is 197 lbs compared to 185 lbs for Bethune-Cookman.
|F||B. St. Louis||12||1||2||0||0||0||0|