(14-16, 3-12 away)
(13-19, 9-7 home)
Venue: HTC Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, March 05, 2013
||J Jerome 22
||J Jerome 12
||J Jerome 3
||R Davis 18
||J Green 5
||R Price 4
Winthrop squared off with Radford on Tuesday, Mar. 5 and just barely beat the Highlanders 60-58 in overtime in the first round of the Big South Tournament. With the win, the Eagles even the season series against Radford at 1-1. Joab Jerome earned a double-double in the Eagles win with a career-high 22 points and 12 rebounds. Steve Johnson had nine points and added five rebounds. For the Highlanders, Rashun Davis finished with a team-high 18 points and five rebounds. Radford (13-19) finished the regular season seventh in the Big South with a 7-9 conference record.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Winthrop beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 2nd time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- Winthrop has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Eagles have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 5-8.
- The Eagles have won three close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Winthrop is 28-35 in close games.
- The Eagles have won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after recording 23 or more field goals made.
- Winthrop has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 21.4 percent three-point percentage.
- Winthrop has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record eight or fewer assists.
- This season Winthrop has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Gideon Gamble plays 32 minutes or more.
- Winthrop set season lows for assists (four), three-pointers (two), and three-point percentage (14.3).
- Joab Jerome recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10, rebounds with 12, and field goals attempted with 18.
- Joab Jerome accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Joab Jerome accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 7 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Joab Jerome's career.
- Joab Jerome has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Joab Jerome recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Joab Jerome had career highs with 22 points, 10 field goals made, 12 rebounds, and nine defensive rebounds.
Radford Game Notes
- The Highlanders have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Radford is 25-29 in close games.
- Rashun Davis accounted for 31.0 percent of the team's points.
- Rashun Davis has led the team in scoring four times in 32 games this season.
- Javonte Green has led the team in rebounding 24 times in 32 games this season.
- Rashun Davis has three straight double-digit point games.
- Javonte Green has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Noreen set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
|C||Ya Ya Anderson||25||6||0||0||0||0||0|