|UCF||I Sykes 15.6||K Clanton 8.6||I Sykes 4.6|
|UAB||R Rucker 14.6||R Rucker 8.1||T Jones 3.7|
On Wednesday, UAB plays host to UCF at Bartow Arena. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSS. The Blazers fell to the Knights 64-48 on Jan. 9 and are 4-4 against them over the last four years.
UAB is in fifth place in the Conference USA and needs to keep pace with UCF, who is currently in fourth place. UAB has won four straight.
In their last outing, behind 21 points and 11 rebounds from Rod Rucker, the Blazers defeated Southern Methodist 74-69 on Mar. 2. He leads the team in points with 14.6 per game, rebounds with 8.1 per game, and blocks with 0.8 per game. For the Knights, Keith Clanton put up 29 points and six rebounds in the 76-67 loss to Memphis on Mar. 2. With 8.6 rebounds per game and 2.1 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories.
- AP voters think more highly of UAB and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than UCF (10 vs. four).
- Rod Rucker is ranked 7th in Conference USA in rebounds.
- The UAB three-point leader (Jordan Swing, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the UCF three-point leader (Tristan Spurlock, 39 three-pointers).
- UAB is a better free-throw-shooting team (72.8 percent vs. 64.4 percent) than UCF this season.
- UAB has a stronger schedule than UCF this season (SOS Rank: No. 116 vs. No. 133).
- Terence Jones is ranked 8th in Conference USA in assists.
- UAB players are more experienced than UCF players (13,889 minutes played vs. 11,902 minutes played).
- UAB has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than UCF (four vs. two).
- Over the past 10 years, UAB has had more players drafted by the NBA than UCF (two vs. one).
- UAB has more wins over the last 5 years than UCF (121 vs. 110).
|C+||C. Newell Jr.||32||11||2||3||1||0||2|
|D||Robert King III||3||1||1||0||0||0||0|