(8-24, 3-14 away)
UNC Asheville 72
(16-16, 10-6 home)
Venue: HTC Center
2:45PM ET / 11:45AM PT, March 05, 2013
||T Carey 21
||M Kessens 10
||L Woodhouse 7
||J Atkinson 19
||J Atkinson 11
||K Hornsby 5
Though they were a 13-point underdog coming into the game, Longwood earned an upset win over North Carolina-Asheville 87-72 in the first round of the Big South Tournament. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Lucas Woodhouse was exceptional for the Lancers and got 17 points and seven assists. Tristan Carey had a game-high 21 points and added two rebounds. Jeremy Atkinson recorded a double-double for the Bulldogs with a team-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. North Carolina-Asheville (16-16) finished the regular season fourth in the Big South with a 10-6 conference record.
Longwood Game Notes
- Longwood beat the spread by 28 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Lancers have beaten the spread.
- This season Longwood has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Tristan Carey has nine field goals made or more.
- Tristan Carey recorded a team season high in steals with six.
- The top two scorers (Tristan Carey and Lucas Woodhouse) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Tristan Carey has led the team in scoring in nine out of 32 games this season.
- Michael Kessens has led the team in rebounding in 20 out of 32 games this season.
- Lucas Woodhouse has four straight double-digit point games.
- David Robinson had a career high with four three-pointers.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Tristan Carey's career.
- Tristan Carey had a career high with six steals.
- Michael Kessens recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Karl Ziegler has five straight double-digit point games.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 45.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeremy Atkinson and Will Weeks) accounted for 46.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 14 times in 32 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and ninth of his career.
- Keith Hornsby has three straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Hornsby set a career high with four steals.