(8-24, 3-14 away)
UNC Asheville 72
(16-16, 10-6 home)
Venue: HTC Center
2:45PM ET / 11:45AM PT, March 05, 2013
||T Carey 21
||M Kessens 10
||L Woodhouse 7
||J Atkinson 19
||J Atkinson 11
||K Hornsby 5
Though they were a 13-point favorite coming into the game, North Carolina-Asheville was stunned by Longwood 87-72 in the first round of the Big South Tournament. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. Jeremy Atkinson secured a double-double in the loss with a team-high 19 points and 11 rebounds. Keith Hornsby had 14 points and added five rebounds (5 Ast 4 Stl). Lucas Woodhouse got 17 points and seven assists for the Lancers. North Carolina-Asheville (16-16) finished the regular season fourth in the Big South with a 10-6 record in conference play.
North Carolina-Asheville Game Notes
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 36.1 percent or worse.
- North Carolina-Asheville has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.1 percent or better this season, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 38 or more rebounds this season, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition commits 18 or fewer turnovers this season, North Carolina-Asheville has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- The Bulldogs set a season high for steals (15).
- The last time UNCA recorded at least 15 steals was Nov 16, 2011 against Mars Hill.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Jeremy Atkinson and Keith Hornsby) accounted for 45.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeremy Atkinson and Will Weeks) accounted for 46.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Jeremy Atkinson has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 14 times in 32 games this season.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jeremy Atkinson has 19 straight double-digit point games.
- Jeremy Atkinson recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and ninth of his career.
- Keith Hornsby has three straight double-digit point games.
- Keith Hornsby had a career high with four steals.
Longwood Game Notes
- Tristan Carey recorded a team season high in steals with six.
- The top two scorers (Tristan Carey and Lucas Woodhouse) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- Tristan Carey has led the team in scoring nine times in 32 games this season.
- Michael Kessens has led the team in rebounding 20 times in 32 games this season.
- Lucas Woodhouse has four straight double-digit point games.
- David Robinson set a career high with four three-pointers.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Tristan Carey's career.
- Tristan Carey set a career high with six steals.
- Michael Kessens recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Karl Ziegler has five straight double-digit point games.