UMKC vs. North Dakota State: Full Game Preview
|UMKC||E Tyler 11.5||F Chatmon 7.5||E Tyler 2.9|
|North Dakota State||T Braun 14.8||M Bjorklund 6.0||L Alexander 3.8|
North Dakota State meets Missouri-Kansas City in the quarterfinals of the Summit League Tournament at Sioux Falls Arena on Sunday. The game tips off at 9:30 p.m. EST and you can see it on FCS or Midco Sports. The Bison beat the Kangaroos 71-34 on Jan. 31 and are 7-3 against them over the last four years.
In an 84-57 beatdown of Nebraska-Omaha on Mar. 2, Taylor Braun put up 22 points and five rebounds for the Bison. He leads the team with 14.8 points per game and 1.5 steals per game. For the Kangaroos, Nelson Kirksey put up 11 points and six rebounds in the 48-44 win over IUPUI on Mar. 2. He is averaging 7.5 points and 3.5 rebounds per game.
In terms of team stats, North Dakota State has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Bison have an edge over the Kangaroos, 67.3 points per game to 61 points per game.
Missouri-Kansas City StatSmack
- Be afraid. North Dakota State has blown out more teams than Missouri-Kansas City this season (11 blowouts vs. one).
- The North Dakota State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Missouri-Kansas City (83 percent vs. 67 percent).
- North Dakota State is a better shooting team (46.9 percent vs. 42.3 percent) than Missouri-Kansas City this season.
- North Dakota State attacks the glass, with more rebounds (34.6 per game vs. 30.9 per game) than Missouri-Kansas City this season.
- North Dakota State is better under pressure, and has defeated Missouri-Kansas City in four out of the last six games decided by five points or fewer.
- Marshall Bjorklund is ranked 7th in the Summit League in rebounds.
- North Dakota State has a better scoring defense (55.4 allowed per game vs. 70.4 allowed per game) than Missouri-Kansas City this season.
- North Dakota State has an average margin of victory of 16 over Missouri-Kansas City in 10 wins since 2004.
- TrayVonn Wright is ranked 8th in the Summit League in rebounds and 2nd in the Summit League in blocks.
- North Dakota State has more wins over the last 5 years than Missouri-Kansas City (106 vs. 64).
- North Dakota State has a better record at home than Missouri-Kansas City this season (12-1 vs. 3-11).