Saint Louis vs. Xavier: Full Game Preview
|Saint Louis||D Evans 12.6||D Evans 7.2||J Jett 3.4|
|Xavier||S Christon 15.0||T Taylor 8.6||S Christon 4.6|
On Wednesday, No. 16 Saint Louis visits Cintas Center to take on Xavier. Tipoff is at 9 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CBSSN Regional or FSN-MW. The Billikens are 2-6 against the Musketeers over the last four years. They fell 71-64 on Mar. 10, 2012, the last time they met.
Saint Louis is in first place in the conference, Xavier is in sixth place. Saint Louis has won 11 games straight.
The Billikens got past George Washington 66-58 on Mar. 2 with the help of 22 points and 12 rebounds from Dwayne Evans. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 12.6 points per game and 7.2 rebounds per game. For the Musketeers, Semaj Christon finished with 17 points and six assists in the 77-72 loss to Massachusetts on Mar. 2. He contributes a team-leading 15.0 points per game, 4.6 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
- Saint Louis has a better record at home than Xavier this season (16-2 vs. 10-4).
- Diaper Dandies love Saint Louis. Saint Louis has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Xavier (1 vs. 0).
- Saint Louis players are more experienced than Xavier players (18,928 minutes played vs. 12,627 minutes played).
- Saint Louis has a better record on the road than Xavier this season (6-2 vs. 4-6).
- Saint Louis is ranked higher than Xavier in the A-10 (No. 1 vs. No. 6).
- Saint Louis is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Saint Louis is 213 lbs compared to 202 lbs for Xavier.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Saint Louis is superior to Xavier (Latest AP Poll: No. 16 vs. Not Ranked).
- Saint Louis has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Xavier (No. 54 vs. No. 67).
- Saint Louis has an average margin of victory of 9 over Xavier in 12 wins since 1982.
- Be afraid. Saint Louis has blown out more teams than Xavier this season (six blowouts vs. one).
- Saint Louis has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Xavier (No. 88 vs. No. 207).
|B||Mike McCall Jr||30||10||3||3||1||0||1|